I am very flattered to have been nominated for The Liebster Blog Award by updownflight. As this is an award that I hadn’t heard of before, I did some research and found that this is generally given to new bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here goes:
1, Thank you updownflight of Birdflight for nominating me. I am deeply flattered that you enjoy my blog.
3. 11 Questions from updownflight
- What was your favorite age? That is a tough one! I really, really loved college so let’s say 20
- What is your most prized possession? I wear my mother’s wedding ring, which was also my paternal grandmother’s wedding ring that she designed herself. My paternal grandmother, who was quite the character, was married five times, twice to my grandfather.
- How do you like your eggs? Scrambled or in an omelet– a yolk looking at me really skives me out!
- Who is your favorite author or poet? Jane Austen.
- Can you dance well? LOVE to dance. Don’t get out much anymore. I would say I don’t suck.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “Crazy We are. Alone We Are Not.” Nicole Lyons 2017
- What word in your language do you like most? “Iridescent” and “Radiance” are pretty closely tied with each other and “Chocolate”
- Do prefer the ocean or the mountains? Ocean
- What was your greatest accomplishment to date? Survivial
- Who is your favorite actor or actress? Helen Mirren. She makes me swoon
- Can you sing well? Not as well as I used to! I used to get paid to sing at weddings but my vocal cords were damaged by a tennis ball sized growth I had on my thyroid that I had to have removed 14 years ago. Good news: not cancer. Bad news: vocal cords never fully recovered
4. 11 random facts about myself
- I have 9 piercings including my nose and the cartilage in my upper ear. The one in the cartilage of my ear hurt like hell!
- I was born in Southern California
- I have two tattoos– one is the quote “Obstinate, headstrong girl” from Pride and Prejudice. The other is Brave and Reckless surrounded by ginkgo leaves
- I was raised in central Massachusetts in a town with more cows than people
- I was up until 2 am reading the night Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows arrived. Even though I had to work the next day. Even though my water bed sprung a leak.
- I have always wanted to write young adult fiction
- I was recruited pretty heavily for doctoral programs in Women’s Studies when I was a senior in college but decided to get my Masters in social work instead
- I used to work in a fabric and sewing machine store owned by a family of Jehovah’s Witnesses
- I think that Tom Baker and David Tennant were hands down the best Doctor Whos.
- Apparently I talked so much as a toddler and preschooler that one of my younger cousins finally learned to speak in self-defense!
- I have only flown once since 9/11
5. I am defining “new” bloggers as folks who have been on WordPress for less than a year and who have less than 1,000 followers. If I love your blog and your blog isn’t on here it is because I couldn’t figure out if you were a new blogger and/or eleven is such a low number! My nominees in no particular order:
- Dom at Bold, Beat. . .& Nipless
- S Francis at SailorPoet
- OldePunk at RamJet Poetry
- Gina at Singledust
- Hudson Biko Mwalagho at Piece by Piece
- Vanessa at saynotoclowns
- Jasper Kerkau at The Writings of Jasper Kerkau
- Samantha Lucero at sixredseeds
- Ari Purkayastha at Fallen Alone
- Karem Barratt at Singing Heart
- Aakriti Kuntal at Writings of Aakriti Kuntal
6. My questions for the nominated bloggers
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What are three things you cannot live without?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
© 2017 Christine Elizabeth Ray – All rights Reserved