The submissions I have already received for the Breath and Bones Writing Prompt Challenge are excellent but I am a little disappointed that I have only received nine pieces so far. I think its a great prompt and hope that more of you will be inspired to participate. Newbie and veteran writers are encouraged to submit.
Here are the guidelines:
Writing Prompt: “I Am More Than Breath and Bones” (evocative tagline of TrE at a cornered gurl)
- Using the writing prompt above, write a 100 to 800 word original, previously unpublished piece that integrates the writing prompt. It can be poetry, prose, short fiction or even essay. The prompt can be used as the title, you can use the phrase intact, or break it up however you want within the written piece.
- Pick out an image to go with your submission
- Write a brief biography (a sentence or two is really fine)
- Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight EST on Sunday, July 9, 2017:
- Your original piece
- suggested image
- brief biography
- link to where you post your writing (blog, Facebook page, Instagram, etc.)
- Submissions will be judged by me and at least one guest judge. If you are interested in being a guest judge for this challenge, let me know.
- I will publish all submissions on Brave and Reckless as long as they are appropriate and you are welcome to reblog once they have been published. They will also get a plug on Brave and Reckless‘ Twitter and Facebook pages. It would be awesome if everyone who enters reblogs the winning submission to their own blog.
Please feel free to reblog and post this challenge invitation.
Looking forward to reading your work!